Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Fat Lady Sang

Our 2011/2012 waterfowl season has officially closed.  I must admit, as I get older, my desire to pursue ducks in below zero temps has waned.  Before, there was no keeping me from getting up at 4am and breaking ice out to that years honey hole.  Maybe it is old age or the way our season began (we scouted a local lake, only to find it drained within a week.  No one bothered telling us...) that kept me in the covers on this years brutal mornings.  However, when the "last" day of anything arrives, you get up, get out, and get excited.  I was optimistic yesterday morning.  Deke, when realizing we were going hunting (when the gun case in my hand, he's clued in) was banana brains around the house, perhaps he knew it was the last day?  So we trekked out to our little hole, set up decoys, and......took pics.... cause we didn't take any birds.  Ahhh, there's always next year, right?  Perhaps it will be warmer....



Sorry Buddy, it's gonna be a long 9 months, isn't it? Wanna go fish?

5 comments:

Sanders said...

Great shots!

Deke forgives you...and like you said, time to go fishing.

Cheers

Trout MaGee said...

Wow those are some fantastic shots. Cold weather can take it's tole that is for sure. Fishing definitely sounds like a good alternative :) Thanks for sharing. Tight Lines.

Rusty said...

Has it been cold? I have not noticed...then again I have been wearing underwear, I am sure that helps!

Murphy kane said...

WOW!!! What kind of camera are u shooting. Just bought a new Canon t3i for filming and i'm in need of a few new lenses any recommendations? Email me whipfinish304@aol.com

Richard said...

Murphy, email sent!