Sunday, October 28, 2012

Paying Tribute

Back in the fall of 2006, Boomer and I went on what was to be his last pheasant hunt.  With his graying muzzle, Boomer brought his A-game to the hunt.  He was spot on and worked the field the like a spry young pup.  I snapped a shot at the end of the day with the birds hanging on a fence post.  Flash forward to 2012.  Boomer has been gone for 2 years and Deke is doing his best to fill the all-around-dog shoes.  We hunted the same patch of ground and found birds.  I couldn't help but put the birds up on the same fence post and snap a shot of Deke.  RIP Boomer, you were an incredible pup.

2006
2012





Pretty cool you can see the lines in his pads.... Not cool that his tracks were top of all other tracks on the trail.  We made a lot of noise...

7 comments:

Mariam said...

Those are some GREAT shots!

Brent Wilson said...

Awesome photos, as usual. RIP Boomer.

Richard said...

Mariam, thanks!

Brent, he was the best pheasant dog I have hunted with, but Deke is showing a lot of promise. Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

I'm not a hunter Richard but can spot a good dog. Very nice blog, I will follow now I've found you.

I'm @www.smallstreambrowntroutfishing.blogspot.com Call in a follow if you get time?

Best Wishes. Richard.

Richard said...

Richard, they are great dogs, thank you for stopping by. We have been linked over to you for awhile now. I love seeing your reports from the other side of the fish pond.

Ricks Reel Adventures said...

fantastic shots! You have a new follower here!

Richard said...

Rick, thank you! We look forward to having you along for the ride.... Although it has been a slow ride lately :)